Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims in Greenville, SC
We are dedicated to representing the interests of motorcycle wreck victims in Greenville, SC, and through the Upstate and the State of South Carolina. Motorcyclists have a right to be on the roads. Other drivers must use reasonable care and caution, allowing motorcyclists to exercise their rights safely.
We are aggressive litigators and our law firm is dedicated to helping motorcycle accident victims secure full and fair compensation. If you have been injured by the unlawful conduct of another person, then may deserve a monetary payment, and we want you to receive it. Contact us today to start your case.
Why Choose Our Experienced Law Firm?
Getting fair and fair compensation for a motorcycle crash takes a legal strategy and lots of hard work. Our lawyers are experienced, and we will diligently build your case and pursue your case relentlessly. We are proud of our history of advocating for accident victims.
Here are some reasons people choose our Greenville motorcycle accident lawyers:
- Proven and capable representation. We have secured single-case compensation exceeding $1 million in multiple cases.
- Decades of experience in accident and injury claims.
- Deep understanding of the legal issues present in motorcycle crash claims.
- Experience challenging the insurance companies and aggressively representing accident victims.
- Representation tailored to your goals, whether you want to go to trial or pursue a settlement.
- Honest evaluation of your case and the amount of compensation that your case deserves.
- Knowledge of lesser-known categories of damages and insurance coverages that may assist in getting full and fair compensation in your claim.
- Members of the Greenville County Bar and the South Carolina Association for Justice.
- Named Best Personal Injury Lawyer, Best Trial Lawyer and Best Law Firm on multiple occasions by The Greenville News.
Outstanding legal representation takes skill, experience, and determination. We have full-service lawyers who will protect your rights and pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
Do I Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
All drivers on the road have a duty to exercise reasonable care. Even simple negligence can be the basis of a lawsuit. Common reasons for motorcycle accident claims include:
- Drivers not observing the right of way, causing intersection crashes;
- Cars not allowing the motorcyclist full use of the lane;
- Cars cutting off the motorcyclist;
- Road hazards and deterioration;
- Distracted driving, so the driver does not see the motorcyclist;
- Drunk driving, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Drivers following motorcycles too closely;
- Speeding and careless driving; and
- Mechanical failures or inadequate vehicle repairs.
Sometimes, the cause of a motorcycle crash isn’t immediately known. Your priority should always be addressing your medical needs. Our lawyers can investigate, evaluate fault and build the evidence in your favor.
South Carolina Motorcycle Laws and Licensing
Generally, motorcyclists have the full rights and duties of motor vehicle operators on the roads. However, there are licensing and operating requirements that apply to motorcyclists in the state:
- Motorcyclists must have a Class M operator’s license. Having a standard driver’s license is not enough.
- Riding two bikes in a single lane is permitted.
- Other drivers must allow the motorcyclist to fully use their lane.
- Riders under 21 must wear an approved helmet. Eye protection or a windscreen is also required under the age of 21.
- Each motorcycle must have specific standard equipment.
- A rider and passenger must sit correctly on the motorcycle.
- Lane splitting, or riding in and around lanes of slower traffic, is not allowed.
- The victim of a motorcycle crash may claim compensation from the responsible party on a fault basis – the party who causes the accident must pay damages.
- However, a motorcyclists’ legal claim does not necessarily depend on the outcome of a police investigation or who receives a traffic ticket. Motorcyclists have the right to have a neutral third party determine fault.
A complete list of laws may be found in S.C. Code Article 29, Motorcyclists; Rights and Duties Thereof
Understanding South Carolina Motorcycle Claims
Most motorcycle accidents are the result of negligence. They occur when a driver is not as careful as he should be. Even simple driving errors like turning in front of a motorcycle can be grounds for legal compensation.
If you were in an accident that was not your fault, you may have a claim. Our lawyers can investigate and pursue every path for full and fair compensation. Contact us today.
What makes motorcycle claims unique?
In some ways, motorcycle accident claims are like other types of car accident claims. However, there are some unique issues and questions that arise when a motorcycle is involved, such as the following:
- Differences in the standard of care in claims involving motorcyclists;
- Injuries that are often more severe because of being thrown from the motorcycle;
- Fair compensation for scars, disability, and disfigurement;
- Head injuries, spinal cord damage, road wash, and other specific injuries;
- Damage to the motorbike and riding gear;
- Ensuring that the jury is fair and impartial and preventing negative stereotypes from impacting the case;
- Allegations of comparative negligence; or
- Identifying all of the insurance policies that may apply to the claim.
When our Greenville motorcycle accident lawyers represent you, we are prepared for these special issues and questions. It is our goal to pursue your case to achieve maximum compensation.
You are entitled to both economic and non-economic damages. Too many victims underestimate the value of their cases. Ask us for a personal evaluation of what your claim may be worth.
How do I get compensated for my motorcycle accident?
You must take the necessary steps to claim your compensation. That means knowing what your case is worth, filing the proper claim, and gathering the supporting evidence.
Our lawyers handle all these steps for our clients. We are equipped and motivated to ensure that you receive maximum justice.
Settlements and Judgments for Motorcycle Accident Victims
The legal team at David R. Price Jr., pursues settlements and judgments on behalf of motorcycle accident victims. We thoroughly prepare every case so that we can fight for your rights as long as it takes, whether you take the matter or trial or negotiate a settlement.
Reaching the right settlement or judgment at trial for a motorcycle wreck victim begins long before the trial date. We dutifully investigate and build the evidence. We examine legal issues and explore all the types of compensation that you deserve. Then, we fight for justice for you.
Taking New Cases
We are actively taking new motorcycle accident cases. Our team can start working on your case immediately. There are things that we can do today to build your case and preserve the evidence so it will be there when you are ready to resolve your case.
To receive full fair compensation, you must prove your case. The insurance company will try to deny liability or minimize your payment. However, our lawyers are ready to fight back.
Free Consultations – Available Now
Start your case with a free consultation with our motorcycle accident team. Learn about the legal process and how our lawyers can help you. You are welcome to ask questions.
Take the first step towards recovering maximum compensation today. The legal process does not have to be overwhelming, and you don’t have to fight alone. Work with David R. Price, Jr., P.A., and the Greenville motorcycle accident lawyers on our team. We are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call (864) 310-7640 or message us today to begin.