When Should You Call A Lawyer After A Car Accident?

Posted on

If you are in a car accident, sound legal advice from an experienced car accident lawyer will help keep you from making mistakes that could hurt your chances of recovering maximum compensation for your damages. Waiting too long to call a lawyer can be risky since some car accident injuries that seem minor could worsen over time. If you’re uncertain of what to do, the best way to protect your claim is to call a skilled Greenville, SC, car accident lawyer.  Calling a lawyer is particularly important in the following scenarios:

  •     Fault for the accident is unclear, and/or multiple parties might be responsible.
  •     You suffered severe injuries, have costly medical bills, and you might be permanently or temporarily disabled.
  •     You don’t know how to calculate your losses or damages.
  •     The other party’s insurer is asking for medical records from before the car accident.
  •     You don’t know how you can prove your lost income. This can be particularly difficult for independent contractors and business owners, among others.
  •     The other party’s insurance provider has offered an unfairly low settlement amount or has denied your injury claim.
  •     You don’t know how to negotiate with the insurance company.
  •     The other party is suing you. 

Find Out How Our Experienced Greenville Car Wreck Lawyers Can Help

If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident due to the negligent actions of another person, get in touch with us here at David R. Price Jr., P.A. You can arrange your free case consultation with our Greenville car accident lawyers by filling out our online form or calling us at 864-392-3278. 

Car Accident FAQ

What if the at-fault driver did not have auto insurance?

You can file an uninsured motorist (UM) claim under your auto insurance policy. All drivers in SC are required to have at least minimum UM coverage limits. 

How much money can I get from a car accident settlement? 

The answer will depend on the specific nature and extent of your injuries and losses linked to the accident. Your SC car accident lawyer can provide a more specific estimate.

Who pays for my injuries and related damages?

The liable party’s insurance carrier should compensate you for all of your accident-connected damages. You can also get reimbursement from your uninsured motorist (UM) coverage or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. 


Contact Us Today For Your
Free Case Review or call:

(864) 271-2636